21 Nov 2014

Check out my Drawnaling...!

I heart Pip Lincolne. You know, the super cute author of MEET ME AT MIKES...?

It started with a crush, then morphed into adoration. I'm trying to stay calm and play it cool. You know, playing hard to get.... treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen. Only without the meanness. I don't think Pip does meanness, she's too sweet.

I digress. 

I was lucky enough to hang out with Pip a couple of weeks ago and be a part of her post-lunch Drawnaling and Crafternoon sessions at the Big Hearted Business creative retreat. She is a witty wordsmith indeed. I love her language and use of seamless synonymal blends.

Drawnaling combines two adjectives; drawing and journaling, and combines the visual with the written, using symbols, shapes and lines to document memories. Drawnaling can move beyond a recording of events, to be considered a stress-management and problem-solving tool. 

Six days of drawnaling with Pip at the BHB Creative Retreat looked a little something like this:

 
 In summary...

Day One was all over the place, exciting yet overwhelming. Lisa and Paula found out that I hate the word Flannel, and have used it against me ever since. 

Day Two I threw up. But I also wore speedo's for the first time (thank you Deefah) and listened to some beautiful singing and songwriting from my sleepy position on the couch. 

Day Three looks a little bit 'born-again-seventies-bandcamp' which might have reflective my gratitude of having survived the day before. That, or maybe I was wired from those three cups of tea? The giant camera is symbolic of the wonderful tutorial by Rowe Timpson. 

Day Four we had our very own Eat, Pray, Love experience. And ate tofu burgers. #Nom #Nom. Need I say more? Yoga with Jesse Neave was missed greatly in the morning.

Day Five was bizness oriented; Digital Marketing and Business Management masterclasses with Pip Lincolne and Clare Bowditch. #Boom. Oh, and we watched the Breakfast Club. Because it's awesome.

Day Six was really farewell to our lovely new friends, and preparation for reintegration back into society. The week had been all pom poms, stitch n bitching and hanging with my peeps.

I used to keep a journal, but I guess it's now a drawnal...   




2 comments:

  1. I love Pip's Stuff!
    your Drawnaling looks awesome by the way. very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawwwww, I love your Drawnaling Serene! Back at ya' - I was always inspired by your CPJ's (which are kind of an unofficial same thing?)

      Delete